Welcome! The Graduate Program in Physics at UFMG, classified as level 7 (the maximum level, corresponding to international level of excellency) by the Brazilian Ministry of Education, offers Master and PhD courses in several theoretical and experimental physics areas. Created in 1966, the Program already counts more than 580 Master Thesis and more than 300 PhD Thesis conclusions.
Located in the Physics Department of the Institute of Exact Sciences, the Program has excellent laboratories and a specialized library with more than 6000 titles, with online access to more than 21500 journals and to several databases.
Our faculty is composed of a very qualified staff, all very active in research, all with many international collaborations, all very compromised with the intelectual development of our students.
Visiting Professor at UFMG Program
Occupation area: Experimental quantum optics
- Knowledge area: Quantum optics
- Working conditions: 40 (forty) hours a week, full time contract, under the regime denominated “dedicaçãoexclusiva” at Associate-I Professorlevel (fullsalary R$16199.24/month).
- Contract duration: 1 (one) year (for Brazilians) or 2 (dois) years (for foreigners), under the terms of item 9 of the General Terms and Conditions for theSelection of Visiting Professors.
- Required degree: PhDin Physics or related fields.
Desired candidate profile:
- Lecturer or researcher with innovative profile and outstanding academic-scientific experience in the field of Experimental Quantum Optics;
- training in Quantum Optics and Quantum Information;
- Experience in Optical Interferometry;
- Experience with correlated photon sources and detection.
- Hold the PhD title for at least 02 (two) years
- Acting as teacher or researcher withhigher competence in your area.
- Have relevant scientific production, especially in the last 05 (five) years.
- Further details in Notice No. 89.
Submissionsdeadline is 29/August/2019 at https://aplicativos.ufmg.br/solicitacao_externa/ (see details at Notice No.89 from 31.01.2019 andatNotice No. 567 from 30-07-2019).
Selection process criteria: Curriculum vitae assessment and Individual working plan assessment.
Referee committee: Profs. Leonardo Neves, Pedro Tavares and Carlos Monken.
Interested candidates may contact Prof. Leonardo Neves (email@example.com) or Prof. Sebastião Padua (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email@example.com Phone: (31) 3409-5637
Relevant documentation and models:
Visiting Professor Project